Ewan, Faye and the Eleventh of May

My little Faye, do you know what a SAHM is? It means Stay At Home Mum where mummies spend their every day taking care of their children at home.  Well, mummy here is now a Stay at Hospital Mum. Haven't been much of a mummy to Ewan 哥哥 since I've admitted to the hospital but every part of a mummy to you. It's just solely you and me, and me and you everyday. Our daughter and mum bonding!

How's life incubating in my womb? I know we gotta take it slow but every part of me wished time could hurry along quicker, skipping by the weeks if possible. I had been psyching myself up with positivity the last weeks but my patience is thinning by the day. I hear people saying how envious they are of me! Just laying here and be served like a queen. Frankly speaking, I bet they can't last 3 days of this. We are into our forth week in the hospital darlin'. Thank goodness we made it to 36 weeks now (from 32 weeks)!

My uterus is working very hard to keep you healthy. Babies due at full term (40 weeks) have a higher probability of fully-functioning organs. That is what we want for you. It will be heart-breaking to see you assisted with breathing in a glass box should your lungs be under-developed (that's if you make your debut too early). We are very fortunate to be able to put in our best efforts for you. 



They say (again) that I had been too active and  just can't keep still, making this forced bed-rest an undesirable consequence. All that weekends of fun with daddy and your brother should have been spent relaxing at home. 

I cannot live by each day missing out in your brother's life. I cannot get past the notion of not painting abstract art with him or taking a simple bus ride as a family. My pregger mummy friends with their number 2 on the way will understand what I mean. We all love our little babies in our belly but we still want to be as involved as possible in the lives of our first-borns. 

Outings make us a unit. You included! You can hear us laughing, you can feel the bumps on the road and you can see with your heart when we were on cable car rides. Granted. I feel like my body was breaking each time we had a long day out but the joy we garnered from the day's activity made me very happy.

I don't appreciate the people who blamed me quietly behind my back for wanting to be a mother to Ewan 哥哥 and compromising my health causing this hospitalisation because each time, we had a great fun as a foursome! Even though you are still in my tum tum, we are already celebrating Mother's Day together. This is our First!

Your brother, Ewan, popped by today at the hospital with a memorable surprise! Of course, daddy was part of it. How could a two year old plan all these for mummy dearest. When left with no other choice, it seems like daddy's potentials in creative designs are emerging from deep within. I was wondering why he was wasn't as prompt in replying my messages this morning. Then I realised only  when they sprung me a surprise visit in the hospital. He was busy tattooing Ewan for my Mother's Day gift! I'm impressed with the artwork actually! So Macho! *hhaha*


The teachers in school spent the week assisting the children with a mother's day gift as well. Besides the MOM cut-out, I believe the kids did the gold dust sprinkles and picture pasting. It was also very innovative of them to make a cut-out flower with a strawberry Chuppa Chups as the stalk. Sweet.  I am sure all the mothers gave their little ones a great big hug when they saw their handiwork. I heard the older Kindergarten children even had a mini-celebratory morning on Friday with the mothers in class. Daddies were prohibited from the party and had to watch from outside the classrooms. How privileged was that (for the mummies that is).


The hugs and kisses were precious this morning. I appreciated the little visit to liven up my second Mother's Day with Ewan and my first with Faye. Thank you Meyer for the effort! Ewan's down with a mild bronchiolitis, having a very bad diarrhoea till his bum burnt with diaper rash and slight fever that wouldn't go away. The nights had been tough with him waking up crying several times. Yet, the boys made the effort to light up my stay in the hospital while waiting for Faye's arrival.

Love!


I wish I will always be the Best Mum Ever to Ewan and Faye.

M-O-T-H-E-R
“M” is for the million things she gave me,
“O” means only that she’s growing old,
“T” is for the tears she shed to save me,
“H” is for her heart of purest gold;
“E” is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
“R” means right, and right she’ll always be,
Put them all together, they spell “MOTHER,”
A word that means the world to me.


Like Us on Facebook if you enjoyed the read!
A stay at home mum, blogging to widen her social life. 
 We want to echo the sound of love through our lives to inspire other mothers alike.

Comments

Popular Posts